- Is there a risk of my dog getting injured?
- Do all dogs drink water out of the same bowl?
- How many people are watching the dogs in day care?
- How many dogs are together in day care?
- Do you separate large and small dogs?
- Do you separate puppies from mature dogs?
- Are they supervised at all times?
- How long are the sessions?
- How long are the dogs in crates?
- How big is the area that dogs play in? (Should be 70 – 100 sq ft/dog)
- How do you break up dog flights?
- What kind of training do the care takers in day care have?
- Are vaccines required?
- What do the dogs play on?
- If boarding overnight, when do the dogs get let out?
- Is there someone in the building at night?
- What time do the dogs get let out in the evenings/mornings?
- Are all dogs neutered or spayed?
Other things to keep in mind:
– Dogs, like people have bad days and become aggressive.
– Some dogs have no desire to become part of a group.
– Some dogs don’t do well with a high level of physical and emotional activity everyday.
– Dogs cannot play eight hours a day.